|Photo: Stuffed Baby Zucchini and Vine Leaves with Lamb Chops recipe|
The Middle Eastern Food Kitchen (The home of delicious Middle Eastern Food Recipes) invites you to try Stuffed Baby Zucchini and Vine Leaves with Lamb Chops Recipe. Enjoy quick & easy Middle Eastern food and learn how to make Stuffed Baby Zucchini and Vine Leaves with Lamb Chops.
500 g vine leaves, washed and stems removed
1 kg baby zucchini, washed
1 kg lamb chops
3/4 cup lemon juice
600 g coarsely minced lamb or beef
1 1/2 cups egyptian rice, soaked in water for 1 hour and drained
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Combine and mix the stuffing in a deep bowl.
2. Wash grape leaves well then boil on low heat for about 40 minutes.
Once leaves are ready, cut off their stems and stack them on a cutting board, and let’s get ready to roll!
3. Take a vine leaf and spread it on a flat surface and place 1 teaspoon of the stuffing in the middle forming a straight line. Fold the sides inwards first and roll to warp. Make sure the stuffing is completely covered and the vine leaf is tightly wrapped. Repeat same method with the other vine leaves.
4. Trim the ends of the zucchini. With a corer, Core the Zucchinis, rinse and set aside.
5. Fill only ¾ of each zucchini leaving space for the rice to expand when cooked.
6. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the meat chop and fry them in a skillet until brown.
7. Place the cooked chops at the bottom of a deep pot.
8. Place the wrapped vine leaves over the chops in layers then place the stuffed zucchini on top of the leaves. Add the lemon juice and some boiling water to cover the pot contents. Place a plate, face inwards, on top of the contents to weigh them down while cooking.
9. Cover pot and allow it to simmer on low heat for 1 hr 30 min.
10. Turn off the heat and remove the plate. Remove the zucchini and set aside.
11. To serve, place a serving dish, facing inwards, over the pot. Turn over the pot upside down, holding tightly the dish under it. Let the content drop on the serving dish and remove slowly the pot. Arrange the zucchini on top.
12. Serve warm with yogurt on the side.
More Middle Eastern Food Recipes:
Cabbage Rolls with Lamb
Stuffed Baby Zucchini and Eggplant with Beef Shanks
Stuffed Tomato with Frike
Middle Eastern stuffed roast chicken
How to Make Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
Middle Eastern stuffed capsicums
Save and share Stuffed Baby Zucchini and Vine Leaves with Lamb Chops Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.