Thursday, June 9, 2011
The Middle Eastern Food Kitchen (The home of delicious Middle Eastern Food Recipes) invites you to try Falafel Recipe. Enjoy quick & easy Middle Eastern food and learn how to make Falafel .
2 ½ Cup favabeans, skinless
¼ Cup fresh parsley
1 Onion (medium size), diced
8 Garlic cloves
¼ Cup fresh coriander and dill
½ Cup leeks
1 tsp coriander, dried
½ tsp baking soda
1 Tbs water
¼ tsp chili
¼ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp ground all spice
Sesame for decoration
Oil for frying
- Wash favabeans and soak for 8 hours (change water from time to time).
-Rinse well and drain.
- Combine all vegetables with favabeans.
- Mash all ingredients in a chopper or food processor, pulse twice or 3 times until smooth.
- Dissolve baking soda in water and add to the mixture, add spices, mix well.
- Shape falafel dough into small 3cm pâté, top with a pinch of sesame. Fry in hot oil for 3 minutes or until golden or balls.
- Falafel can be served separately or in sandwiches with salad and tahini.
- You can use ½ favabeans and ½ chickpeas or all chickpeas instead. Other portion of the ingredients remains the same.
More Middle Eastern Food Recipes:
Tabbouleh with Grilled Vegetables
Save and Share Falafel Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.