Thursday, June 9, 2011
The Middle Eastern Food Kitchen (The home of delicious Middle Eastern Food Recipes) invites you to try Lamb and olives pies (fatayer) recipe. Enjoy quick & easy Middle Eastern food and learn how to make Lamb and olives pies (fatayer).
3 Tbs olive oil
1 Red onion, chopped
½ Cup spring onion, chopped
Salt and pepper
½ Kilo (pre-cooked) minced lamb
1 Cup green olives, sliced
½ Cup parsley, chopped
½ Cup walnut, chopped
3 Tbs pomegranates syrup
2 2/3 Cups all purpose flour
¼ Cup whole wheat flour
1 Tbs yeast
1 tsp milk powder
2 tsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 ½ Cup warm water
Egg whites, for brushing, beaten
- Heat oil in a sauce pan over medium heat, stir red and spring onion for 5 minutes, season with salt and pepper, leave for 3 more minutes or until golden brown. Keep aside to cool.
- Blend onion mixture with minced lamb, add remaining filling ingredients, stir until well combined.
For the dough:
- Mix flours, yeast, milk powder, sugar and salt in an electric mixer on low speed until combined.
- Add water gradually to the mixture; beat on a medium speed until consistent dough is obtained.
- Place in a greased bowl, cover and leave to rise for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface with thickness not more than 1 cm, then cut into 10 cm circles.
- Place a tablespoon of the lamb mixture on one side of the circle and fold over the dough to make a half-circle. Pinch the edges of the dough together to seal.
- Place in an oven tray, leave to rise for another 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200° C.
- Brush pies with egg whites, and bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
More Middle Eastern Food Recipes:
Tabbouleh with Grilled Vegetables
Save and share lamb and olives pies (fatayer) recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.