The Hummus Recipes Kitchen (The home of Hummus Recipes & Delicious Middle Eastern Recipes) invites you to try Shawarma Spiced Shepherds Cottage Pie Recipe. Enjoy the Middle Eastern Cuisine and learn how to make Shawarma Spiced Shepherds Cottage Pie.
Ingredients (Serves 8)
2 lbs sweet potatoes
1 lb ground turkey
1 large onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup beef broth
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
32 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Peel and quarter potatoes, boil until tender.
2. while potatoes are boiling, brown ground meat until no longer pink.
3. Add onion, seasonings, beef broth and worcestershire;simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or until onions are crisp tender.
4. Remove meat from heat and stir in frozen vegetables. Set aside.
5. Mash potatoes in bowl with butter, add milk to taste.
6. Place beef & veg in 9x11 casserole dish. Top with shredded cheddar.
7. Spread mashed potatoes on top. Use a fork to make peaks in the potatoes if you wish.
8. Bake uncovered in 400 degree F oven until bubbling and brown. (about 40 minutes).
More Middle Eastern Recipes:
Good Karma Schawarma
Roasted Eggplant Spread
Lebanese Baked Eggplant
Stuffed Tomato with Frike
Lemon Cilantro Eggplant Dip
Save and share Shawarma Spiced Shepherds Cottage Pie Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.