The Middle Eastern Food Kitchen (The home of delicious Middle Eastern Food Recipes) invites you to try Chicken Shawarma recipe. Enjoy the Middle Eastern Cuisine and learn how to make Chicken Shawarma.
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground cardamom
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon grill seasoning, recommended brand Montreal
1 lemon, Juice of, divided
2 large garlic cloves, grated, finely chopped
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (about 6 to 8 ounces each)
1 large onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1/4 cup tahini
1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
4 pita bread
1. Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill to high.
2. In a bowl, combine the coriander, cumin, cardamom, chili powder, paprika and grill seasoning. And the juice of half a lemon, the garlic and about 3 tablespoons olive oil and stir until it is paste-like.
3. Slather the mixture all over the chicken until it is well-coated.
4. Transfer to the grill and cook on each side for 6-7 minutes, until cooked through.
5. Remove from the grill and let the chicken rest before thinly slicing.
6. Once the chicken is working, preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of olive oil, about 2 tablespoons. Once you see the oil ripple, add the onions and peppers, and season with some salt and pepper.
7. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes until the veggies start to wilt. Once the onions are working make the sauce: In a bowl, combine the juice of the remaining half lemon, the tahini, yogurt, some salt and a small drizzle of olive oil. Mix to combine.
8. Place the pitas on the grill to warm them and give them a light char, about 1 minute on each side. To assemble, place some of the sliced chicken on each pita, top with some of the pepper and onion mixture, and a good dollop of the yogurt-tahini sauce.
More Middle Eastern Recipes:
Shawarma Spiced Shepherds Cottage Pie
Good Karma Schawarma
Roasted Eggplant Spread
Lebanese Baked Eggplant
Stuffed Tomato with Frike
Save and share Chicken Shawarma Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.