The Middle Eastern Food Kitchen (The home of delicious Middle Eastern Food Recipes) invites you to try Lebanese Baked Eggplant recipe. Enjoy Middle Eastern Cuisine and learn how to make Lebanese Baked Eggplant.
Prep Time: 20 Min
Cook Time: 1 Hr 10 Min
Ready In: 1 Hr 30 Min
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound beef stew meat, cut into small pieces
1 large onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
2 large potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut eggplants into half-inch slices; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and let stand for 20 minutes; blot up the liquid with a paper towel.
2. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; brown the onion and stew meat in the hot oil. Stir in the walnuts and cook another 2 minutes; remove from heat.
4. Arrange half of the eggplant slices in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish; spoon the beef mixture over the layer of eggplant. Top the beef mixture with the remaining eggplant slices, potatoes, and tomatoes; season with salt and pepper.
5. Bake uncovered in preheated oven until the eggplant is soft; about 1 hour.
More Middle Eastern Recipes:
Stuffed Tomato with Frike
Lemon Cilantro Eggplant Dip
Stuffed Baby Zucchini and Eggplant with Beef Shanks
Middle Eastern eggplant salad
Save and share Lebanese Baked Eggplant Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.