Friday, June 17, 2011
The Middle Eastern Food Kitchen (The home of delicious Middle Eastern Food Recipes) invites you to try Turkey with Kabsah Spices recipe. Enjoy tasty Middle Eastern food and learn how to make Turkey with Kabsah Spices.
1 whole Turkey (6 kilos)
1 cup salt
for boiling the turkey
1 tsp cloves whole
4 Cinnamon sticks
8 whole cardamoms
4 whole Omani lemons
1 tsp black peppercorns
1 tsp cumin seeds
3 bay leaves
1 onion, chopped
2 celery cut into chunks
2 tsp kabsa spices powder
2 Tbsps butter
for rice and lentil
3 tsp olive oil
3 onions, cubed
2 cups yellow lentil (half cooked)
2 cups potatoes cut to cubes and fried
1 cups pine nuts and cashew nuts
½ raisons (soaked in water)
½ tsp saffron
1 Tbsp rose water or rose syrup
1 cup chicken stock
4 cups basmati rice (boiled and cooked)
6 boiled eggs
Fresh chopped coriander
• Clean and wash the turkey thoroughly, dissolve the salt in water, then cover the turkey with water and salt and leave it for 2 hours.
• Put a large cooking pot filled with water and put the turkey in on a medium heat, with all the above ingredients for boiling the turkey. (Pick holes or pierce the 2 Omani Lemons before adding it).
• When all the ingredients start boiling reduce the fire, and then put the lid on just to cover half of it. Leave it for 60 minutes or until cooked (don’t close the lid and remove the creamy foam which gathers on top while cooking).
• After the turkey is cooked remove it , put it aside and strain the stock or broth.
• Heat the oven at 180 degrees.
• Mix a tablespoon of the powdered kasbsa spices with butter and massage the turkey with this mixture and put the turkey on a tray, put in the oven for 30 minutes until golden.
For rice and lentil
• Add oil to a hot pot and then add the onion with stiring for 5 minutes or until it becomes gold in color.
• Add the lentil and the rest of the powdered kabsah spices and the other 2 Omani lemons.
• Add the potatoes, raisons and dissolve the saffron in the rose syrup and add it to the mixture until they are all mixed together, finally add the turkey stock or broth and add salt if needed.
• Reduce the temperature on the mixture for about 20 minutes or until fully cooked.
• Add the boiled eggs with stirring the mixture to fluffy it and put rice on the serving plate along with the lentil and vegetables.
• Finally add the turkey on top of mixture and sprinkle with coriander.
More Middle Eastern Food Recipes:
Lamb Rack With Maghrabia Biryani (served with Torlly)
Stuffed Baby Zucchini and Vine Leaves with Lamb Chops
Cabbage Rolls with Lamb
Stuffed Baby Zucchini and Eggplant with Beef Shanks
Stuffed Tomato with Frike
Middle Eastern stuffed roast chicken
Save and share Turkey with Kabsah Spices recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.