The Middle Eastern Food Kitchen (The home of delicious Middle Eastern Food Recipes) invites you to try Pine nuts and honey pie recipe. Enjoy quick & easy Middle Eastern food and learn how to make Pine nuts and honey pie.
¾ cup butter
¼ cup sugar
2 cups whole flour
21/2 cups flour
¼ teaspoon salt
For the filling:-
11/2 cup honey
3 cups pine nuts
¼ cup whipping cream
Icing sugar for garnishing
For the pie:-
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Using an electric mixer beat butter with sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs, continue beating.
- Sift flour and salt; gradually add to the batter with frequent beating after each addition until well combined.
- Cover the dough with a plastic wrap, chill for one hour to hold.
- Roll out the dough on a flat floured surface into a 1 cm thick disc.
- Flip the dough over a rolling pin and transfer to a tart pan, fit the dough into the sides of the pan, roll the rolling pin over the top of the dough to trim the excess.
- Prick the surface with a fork.
- Line the tart shell with parchment paper and dry beans to avoid puffing up.
- Bake half way for 10 minutes.
For the filling:-
- Put honey in a heavy pan over a medium heat.
- Add pine nuts with constant stirring.
- Add the cream, stir for 2 minutes until thickened then remove from heat.
- Pour the filling over the tart shell to fill.
- Bake for 25 minutes or a golden top is obtained.
- Set to cool, garnish with icing sugar.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice-cream and honey.
* You could pour the filling whether it is cooled or still hot.
More Middle Eastern Food Recipes:
Semolina cake with strawberries in rose syrup (Basbousa)
Semolina slice with rosewater syrup
Egyptian Basbousa with Pistachio
Save and share Pine nuts and honey pie recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.