Easy recipe for fattoush Salad. Enjoy a delicious lebanese salad dish (Fattoush), traditional Lebanese recipe.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 3 small pita breads, halved
- 120ml (6 tbs) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbs chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbs chopped, fresh mint leaves
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 5 tomatoes, seeded, cut into 1-2cm dice
- 1 telegraph cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced into 1-2cm cubes
- 2 small green capsicums, seeded, diced into 1-2cm cubes
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Brush bread pieces with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Place on a baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes until crisp and golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain and cool.
- Combine the garlic, lemon juice, remaining olive oil and herbs in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the onion, tomato, cucumber and capsicum and toss to combine. Just before serving, break the bread into rough pieces, add to the salad and toss well. Serve with grilled meat or fish.
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.