Easy recipe for Spinach Pie Triangles. This is an authentic Lebanese recipe , really rich pie stuffed with fresh spinach, onions, green onions, allspice that are all enfolded by crispy, flaky phyllo dough.
- 2 bunches fresh spinach
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 1 medium onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 2 lbs. flour
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 3 cups lukewarm water
- Combine flour, yeast, 1 Tbsp. salt and 3 cups lukewarm water, mix well and knead until smooth. Cover with a cloth and let rest in a warm place until dough rises, about 1 1/2 hours. Roll dough like pie crust and cut into 4-inch rounds.
- Cover with a cloth and allow to sit an additional 30 minutes.
- Wash spinach and drain well. Finely chop onions and leave them on top. Add 1 tsp. allspice and salt and pepper to taste and work with fingers, mixing well. Add oil and lemon and mix well.
- After dough rounds are ready, place a heaping teaspoon of spinach filling on each round and close in the shape of a triangle. When closing pies, be careful not to get juices on edges, which makes them difficult to close. If this happens, dip fingers in flour and close.
- Cover bottom of baking pan with oil, place pies in rows and bake at 400 degrees until golden brown.
- Lightly brush with butter after baking.
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.