The Middle Eastern Food Kitchen (The home of delicious Middle Eastern Food Recipes) invites you to try Mediterranean dipping plate recipe. Enjoy Middle Eastern Cuisine and learn how to make Mediterranean dipping plate.
A barbecue without dips is like a weekend without sunshine - it's just not half as good as it could be. We can help with the first part...
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 5 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed
Olive oil spray
8 thin slices sourdough bread
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1 tbs chopped fresh continental parsley
Beetroot & horseradish dip
1 x 425g can baby beets, drained, coarsely chopped
2 tbs Weight Watchers extra-light sour cream
1 tbs grated horseradish
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
White bean hummus
1 x 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
2 tbs fresh lemon juice
1 tbs tahini
2 garlic cloves
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1. To make the beetroot & horseradish dip, place the beet, sour cream, horseradish and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor and process until almost smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl.
2. To make the white bean hummus, place the beans, lemon juice, tahini, garlic and cumin in the clean bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl.
3. Preheat a barbecue grill on high. Lightly spray the asparagus with olive oil spray. Cook, turning, for 1 minute or until bright green and tender crisp.
4. Lightly spray both sides of the bread slices with olive oil spray. Cook for 30 seconds each side until lightly toasted.
5. Place the asparagus, sourdough bread, lemon wedges and dips on a serving platter. Sprinkle the beetroot & horseradish dip with chopped parsley. Squeeze 1 lemon wedge over the white bean hummus and season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve.
You can prepare this recipe to the end of step 2 up to 1 day ahead. Store the beetroot & horseradish dip and the white bean hummus in separate airtight containers in the fridge. Continue from step 3 just before serving.
Good Taste - November 2006, Page 84
Recipe by Heidi Flett
More Middle Eastern Side Dishes
Spinach & yoghurt dip
Lemon Cilantro Eggplant Dip
Hummus Dip Recipe
Hummus Dip with Whole Chickpeas
Best Hummus Dip Recipe
Chicken souvlaki recipe
Save and share Mediterranean dipping plate recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.