Use this Hummus Recipe and learn how to make the best hummus dip. Hummus is a delicious middle eastern dip served as an appetizer with pita bread crisps, or used as a spread on sandwiches or wraps.
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1-2 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons water
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process on high speed until the ingredients are combined. Stop the machine and use a spatula to scrape down the side and base of the bowl. Process again until dip is smooth.
- Store dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- To garnish, sprinkle the dip with paprika, cumin, chilli or chopped parsley or drizzle with olive oil.
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (180 degrees Celsius fan-forced). Using scissors or a knife, cut pita bread (or other flatbread) into bite sized triangles. Place bread triangles on a baking tray and bake for about 4 minutes, until crisp. Allow to cool, then store in an airtight container until required.
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.