The Middle Eastern Food Kitchen (The home of delicious Middle Eastern Food Recipes) invites you to try Fish tagine with couscous Recipe. Enjoy Moroccan cooking and learn how to make Fish tagine with couscous.
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
700g firm white fish fillets
2 tbs olive oil
1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 400g can diced tomatoes
2 tbs coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
80g (1/2 cup) pitted black olives, halved
240g (1 1/4 cups) couscous
375ml (1 1/2 cups) boiling water
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
1. Use a grater to finely shred lemon rind. Juice lemon and reserve 2 tbs.
2. Cut fish fillets into 5cm pieces and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a large, deep non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the onion softens. Add the cumin and paprika, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Stir in tomatoes, bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium. Remove half of the mixture. Place fish in a single layer over mixture in pan and evenly spoon over remaining mixture. Cover and cook for 4 minutes.
4. Gently stir in the parsley, olives and reserved lemon juice. Cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until the fish flakes when tested with a fork.
5. Meanwhile, place couscous in a heatproof bowl and pour boiling water over, stirring. Cover and set aside for 3 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Use a fork to separate the grains. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
6. To serve, spoon the couscous into serving bowls and top with the fish tagine. Sprinkle with the lemon rind and coriander.
Good Taste - August 2001, Page 59
Recipe by Janelle Bloom
More Middle Eastern Recipes:
Snapper, mussel and harissa salad
Fish with Chickpeas and White Rice Recipe
Samak Eish Recipe
Moroccan Fish Bastila (Pastilla)
Moroccan meatballs with herb couscous
Middle Eastern Chicken Pot and Butter-Nut Couscous
Save and share Fish tagine with couscous recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.