If you want to bring delight to your house try this Turkish Pide Bread recipe. This dish is Really delicious.
2 tb Dried yeast
2 ts Sugar
2 c Warm water
4 tb Olive oil
4 ts Sea salt
6 c Bread; (high protein) flour
2 c Plain; thick yoghurt
Sea salt to taste
- Mix the yeast, sugar, water and 6 tablespoons of yoghurt in a large mixing bowl then leave to "foam" for 20 minutes.
- Add the olive oil, flour and salt and mix well with a wooden spoon until thick then turn out onto a floured bench and begin to knead.
- Knead very well, adding additional flour if necessary to stock the dough sticking to the board, until the dough is satiny and elastic.
- Shape the dough into a ball and transfer to a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and allow the dough to rise for 60 minutes, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 250 degrees fareinhite and oil baking trays.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and divide into 5-6 even pieces and roll each piece into an oval shape. Flatten the ovals with your fingertips,making sure the dough is about 1cm. thick.
- Brush lightly with the remainingyoghurt and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 13-16 minutes until the breads are puffy andgolden and serve warm.
Save and share Turkish Pide Bread Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.