Easy recipe for Saudi Okra and Meat Stew. Learn how to make delicious Saudi Okra and Meat Stew.
5 cups water or 1250 ml
500 g lamb, cut into small cubes
½ teaspoon mixed spices
2 cubes MAGGI® Mutton Bouillon
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 medium onions or 300 g, chopped
6 medium tomatoes or 800 g, finely chopped
½ kg okra, small size, frozen and thawed
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1 small green chili pepper
- Add water and lamb cubes to a large saucepan. Bring to boil and skim froth as it appears.
- Season with spices and add MAGGI® Mutton Bouillon cubes. Simmer over low heat for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Carefully remove the meat pieces from the stock and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, cook onions and one chopped tomato for 4 minutes. Add okra and stir for 4-5 minutes.
- Use a kitchen blender to blend the remaining chopped tomato with the meat stock then add mixture to okra in the saucepan. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until okra is cooked.
- Fry the garlic and the green chili for 1 minute then add to the okra stew with the meat pieces. Simmer for 4 minutes and serve.
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.