Easy and delicious recipe for Moroccan lamb salad. Enjoy middle eastern cooking and learn how to make the best Moroccan lamb salad dish.
We love the melt-in-your-mouth soft feta and pumpkin pieces in this lamb recipe.
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
750g butternut pumpkin, deseeded, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
Olive oil, to drizzle
300g natural yoghurt
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
1 Lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
1 small fresh red chilli, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
2 tbs water
55g (1/3 cup) pine nuts
2 tsp olive oil
2 tbs Moroccan seasoning
2 (about 500g) lamb eye of loin (backstraps)
100g baby spinach leaves
2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
1 x 180g ctn South Cape Persian feta, drained, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the pumpkin on a baking tray. Drizzle over a little oil and toss to coat. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender. (Alternatively, place pumpkin in a microwave-safe dish. Cook, covered, on High/800watts/100% for 4-5 minutes or until tender).
- Meanwhile, combine the yoghurt, garlic, mint, cucumber, chilli and water in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the pine nuts and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until toasted. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle seasoning over the lamb. Add to the pan and cook for 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 3 minutes to rest. Thickly slice across the grain.
- Place the pumpkin, lamb, spinach, cucumber and pine nuts in a large bowl and gently toss until just combined. Divide among serving plates. Top with feta. Serve with the yoghurt mixture.
Good Taste - December 2007, Page 10 - Recipe by Kate Asplin, Toowong, Qld - Reader recipe
Lebanese Tabbouleh - Lebanese Fattoush salad Recipe
Save and share Moroccan lamb salad Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.