Easy recipe for Roasted Chicken with Oriental Rice. Enjoy middle eastern cooking and learn how to make delicious Roasted chicken dish with oriental rice. This recipe consists of chicken, onion, minced lamb, cinnamon, black pepper, MAGGI cubes, and rice.
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 50 minutes
1 large whole chicken or 1200 g
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium onion or 125 g, chopped
250 g minced lamb
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
3 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
2½ cups American rice or 500 g, soaked in water for 1 hour and drained
4½ cups water or 1125 ml
- Roast the chicken in a 200°C preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until chicken is cooked and golden brown in color.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan, add and cook onions with occasional stirring for 4-5 minutes or until almost golden in color.
- Add minced lamb and cook until meat is brown in color, then add spices and MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon cubes; Stir for few seconds.
- Add rice and stir for 2 minutes or until rice is hot then add water with constant stirring until it boils, then cover and simmer over low heat for 20-25 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Spoon the rice in a serving platter then cut the roasted chicken and arrange the chicken pieces over rice.
Save and share roasted chicken with oriental rice recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.