|Photo: Fresh Dates and Coconut Cake Recipe|
The Middle Eastern Food Kitchen (The home of delicious Middle Eastern Food Recipes) invites you to try Fresh Dates and Coconut Cake Recipe. Enjoy a collection of quick & easy Middle Eastern food recipes and learn how to make Fresh Dates and Coconut Cake.
1 Cup date paste (Agwa), diced
1 tsp baking soda
½ Cup butter
1 Cup sugar
½ tsp vanilla
2 green apple, peeled, seeded and grated
1 ½ Cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 Tbs butter
½ Cup brown sugar
1/3 Cup grated coconut
- Place date pieces in a saucepan, add water. Bring to boil over medium heat.
-Add baking soda, reduce heat and leave for 15 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat, let cool (should be use warm)
- Grease 3 baking pan (10 cm) with removable bottom, cover bottom with wax paper.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Whisk butter with sugar using electric mixer until creamy.
- Add Egg, vanilla, whisk until well combined.
- Add warm date, grated apple and stir.
- Mix flour and baking powder, add to mixture and lightly stir.
- Pour the mixture in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix the topping ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat (or over double bath), Stir until well combined and sugar dissolved.
- Remove cake from oven; pour warm coconut mixture on top and spread. Then re-bake for 20 minutes or until top is golden.
- Place cake in serving plate, decorate with melted chocolate.
- A (28 cm) baking pan can be used instead, in this case bake for 40 minutes in the first time and after topping for 20 minutes.
- Grated apple should be placed in a bowl filled with water and lemon juice so the color won’t change.
More Desserts Recipes:
Mixed nut baklava
Mini chocolate Christmas cakes
Treats for reindeer
Individual Christmas cakes
Save and share Fresh Dates and Coconut Cake Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.