Monday, August 30, 2010
The Falafel Recipes Kitchen (The home of Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Orange Chicken Tabbouleh Recipe. Enjoy tasty Middle eastern food and learn how to make Orange Chicken Tabbouleh.
Adding chicken and orange sections transforms this Middle Eastern salad into a low-cholesterol main dish. Flavored with parsley, green onion, and mint, this tabbouleh salad tastes light and fresh--perfect for a healthy summer lunch or dinner. Add the orange sections just before serving, and place on leaves of romaine lettuce.
1-1/2 cups boiling water
3/4 cup bulgur
1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
2 cups chopped seeded cucumber
2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
1 tablespoon snipped fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint, crushed
1 tablespoon olive oil or salad oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
Romaine lettuce leaves
1. In a medium mixing bowl pour boiling water over bulgur. Let stand 30 minutes. Drain off excess liquid.
2. Meanwhile, finely shred enough peel from oranges to make 2 teaspoons peel. Peel and section oranges over a bowl to catch juice. Cover and chill orange sections until serving time. Measure and reserve 1/4 cup orange juice.
3. In a large mixing bowl stir together drained bulgur, orange peel, orange juice, chicken, cucumber, parsley, green onion, mint, oil, and salt.
4. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
5. Just before serving, fold in orange sections. Serve on lettuce-lined plates. Makes 4 servings.
Authentic Tabbouleh Recipe - Lebanese Tabbouleh - Fattoush Recipe
Save and share Orange Chicken Tabbouleh Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.